Chair of Community & Family Health
Steeped in tradition, Howard University College of Medicine has supplied outstanding medical care and education to D.C. residents and medical students since 1868. The Department of Community & Family Medicine invites applications for the position of Chair - someone to align clinical, educational and research endeavors according to the best patient care practices established and maintained By Howard over the last 145 years.
- Chair an existing department with a focus on growth & expansion
- Enjoy a balance of patient care, research, education & administration
- Manage Residency & Outreach Programs - Assign Directorship duties
- Practice details: Private & Resident clinic, inpatient rounds, call schedule
- Help build a research infrastructure - Both basic & clinical research
- Lead, motivate & teach diverse, multinational faculty & students
- Patient-centered model of care - Promote faculty development, quality of care & patient safety - Align interests of the medical school, hospital & other professional schools
D.C. and Baltimore
Enjoy the rich array of cultural and recreational offerings in Washington, D.C. and Baltimore: art galleries, theaters, eclectic dining, professional sports and world-class museums. Baltimore's Bay and the Eastern shore offer some of the freshest seafood, dining and vacation spots on the east coast. Balance that with the history and charm of Washington, D.C. and you will find something for everyone's taste!
- Eclectic, diverse, multicultural neighborhoods - Adams Morgan District
- Say "Hi" to giant pandas, Mei Xiang & Tian Tian, at the National Zoo
- Performing arts at The John F. Kennedy Center & Tivoli Theatre
- 17 world-famous Smithsonian Museums, The White House & US Capital
- BWI, Dulles, Reagan International airports - Your key to the world!
- National Mall - Lincoln, Jefferson, MLK & FDR Memorials, Washington
Monument, Constitution Gardens, Lafayette Park, Cherry Blossom Festival